Pages

Sunday, September 18, 2011

Tipsoo Lake

So my husband and I live near the Cascade Mountains in Washington State (west side). It is absolutely beautiful over here, and there are lots of hiking opportunities within an hour of where we live. Last week, we decided to visit Tipsoo lake. Tipsoo is an alpine lake that sits at about 5300 ft above sea level. The lake is surrounded by beautiful alpine meadows. If you have never had the pleasure of seeing an alpine meadow in person, you seriously need to go out and visit one. They are so beautiful! Even though pictures don't really do the place justice, I thought I would share some.





While we were walking along the trail, we came across a couple that were dipping their feet in the water. We talked to them for a moment and then realized that there were several Cascade frogs sitting on the rocks right next to their feet! The couple didn't even see them! We grabbed one and took a few pictures.




Would you notice this little guy if he was at your feet?

Cascade frogs are endemic to the Cascades of Washington, Oregon, and Northern California. They are also found in the Olympics in Washington. They are awesome little frogs. So next time you are out hiking in the woods or splashing in a creek in Western Washington, don't forget to look down :)

1 comment:

  1. The (non-frog!) photos are fantastic! That looks like a great place to hike, I'm jealous :) I would notice the frogs, because I'm frog-hyper-vigilant when I'm walking around in areas they might be in. But I'm a goon like that.

    ReplyDelete