Pages

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Home Decor: Our Froggy Bathroom

When my husband and I first moved in together last year, I was surprised at the amount of reptile and amphibian-themed decor. Most of the things I could find were frog themed and were meant for children. Still, I never expected to find anything themed towards our slippery and scaly friends. Our apartment is now decorated with quite a bit of amphibian decor. We even have a froggy-themed bathroom!

I thought I would share some photos of the decor around our apartment. I will start with our bathroom. The items in our bathroom are more childish. The decor in our living room is a little bit more grown-up. Despite the fact that our bathroom is more child-friendly, our guests seem to get a kick out of it. I personally love our bathroom. I think the smiling frogs and bright green tones make the room very cheerful. I can't help but smile when I see those happy froggy faces!


Shower Curtain and Shower Hooks
Where we bought them: Target
Cost: About $15 for the curtain. I don't remember the cost of the hooks (somewhere in the $10-20 range)


Bath Mat
Where we bought it: Target
Cost: $30

Potpourri Dish
Where we bought it: Goodwill
Cost: $2


Picture
Where we bought it: I bought the picture (which is actually a postcard), the frame, and the picture mat at a local craft store.
Cost: About $12


Magazine Holder
Where we bought it: Target
Cost: $3


Soap Dish
Where we bought it: Target (it was a wedding present off of our target registry)
Cost: I think around $10


Toothbrush Holder
Where We Bought It: Walmart
Cost: About $5

Frog Towel
Where We Bought It: Target
Cost: About $10


Wastebasket (Croaks When the Lid Opens)
Where We Bought It: Target (another wedding present off of our registry)
Cost: I think about $30


So there is our bathroom. What do you think?


2 comments: