Pages

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

There is Something Wrong with Me...

So one of my friends on facebook posted this link. It is about a 21-foot saltwater croc that got captured in the Philippines. And my first reaction was "Oh, cool! Look at this awesome animal! He is so big!" That isn't a really crazy first reaction. Maybe a little enthusiastic (and lacking in a healthy sense of fear)...but not crazy.

Then I watched a little bit of the video. And at one point during the video, someone grabs the crocodile's feet. And my reaction was "OMG! Look at his big feetsies! He is SO CUTE"! Yeah...there is something wrong with me. I think a 21-foot croc is adorable.

Awww! Who is a cute little man-eater?

Don't get me wrong, I am not going to go up to it and give it a big hug or anything. I am not a psycho who thinks that she can cuddle with crocodiles in her bed. All of my reptiles are in cages. With lids. And most of them have locks.  And the biggest reptile I own can barely eat a large rat. So no, I am not about to go "cootcie coo" and tickle a 21-foot crocodile. But I do think he is adorable in his own scaly way. Especially his feet :)

So am I the only one out there that sees this animal for a wonderfully powerful creature? Does anyone else see his picture and think he is just awesome? Maybe even a little cute? Maybe? Anybody?

2 comments:

  1. I think he's awesome for sure. I feel bad that they're putting him on display for his awesomeness though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah. I am not so sure about them putting him in an "animal park". I don't think the standards for zoos there live up to the standards here.

    ReplyDelete