Pages

Saturday, July 23, 2011

French Dip Sandwiches

I found another recipe appropriate for two people. Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches! This recipe makes about 3-4 sandwiches. My husband and I had two sandwiches each. If you want to increase this recipe for a family of four, I suggest getting a 3 lb roast and increasing the cooking time to about 6 hours. A cool thing about this recipe is that the left over cooking liquid can be used to make French Onion Soup! Unfortunately, it is a little too hot for me to make right now. If I do end up making it, I will post the recipe here :)

Ingredients:

1 1.5 lb rib roast (Every 1.5 lbs of roast makes 3-4 sandwiches)
1 jar of Better than Bouillon Au Jus Base (amount depends on roast size and slow cooker size)
Sandwich Rolls (4 for every 1.5 lbs of roast)
Water (enough to cover roast)

  1. Trim any excess fat off of the roast.
  2. Add enough water to just cover the roast (measure the water as you add).
  3. For every 3/4 cup of water, add 1 tsp of the au jus base. Stir the liquid until the base dissolves
  4. Add the roast to the slow cooker.
  5. Cook the roast on low for about 3 hours.
  6. Take out the roast and check to make sure its internal temp has reached 145 degrees F.
  7. Let the roast cool on a cutting board for a few minutes, or until cool enough to slice.
  8. Slice the meat into thin pieces.
  9. Add the pieces back into the slow cooker and continue to heat on low for about 30 minutes.
  10. Make sandwiches with the meat, and serve the cooking liquid on the side for dipping. Enjoy!

I made the roast early in the morning because I didn't want to leave the slow cooker going while I was gone. After the meat was sliced, I put it back in the slow cooker and put the crock in the fridge. When it was time for dinner, I put the crock back in the slow cooker and heated the meat back up. So this recipe can easily be made ahead of time.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment