Pages

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A Girl, a Boy, and Eleven Pets

Everyone has a story to tell. This is the story about a woman, her husband, and her eleven pets.

Okay, so maybe that isn't the most interesting way to start to a blog. But bear with me. This is my first blog. I have lots to share, and I hope to do it in an interesting way. 

Let me start by saying this isn't a very specific blog. It is a general blog about animals, marriage, and life. It is about my wonderful husband, who (occasionally) forgets to put his clothes away. It is about my cat, who (not so occasionally) tries to drown receipts in the toilet. It is about cleaning, cooking, hiking, and animal husbandry. So join me for all of the laughs, the tears, the fur, and the slime.

So here is a little bit about us. I am currently working as a kennel attendant in a veterinary clinic. I get up at 4:30 am, wake the animals up, feed and walk them, clean their cages, and administer medication. Other than waking up before the sun does, it is a pretty nice job. I love animals (if you can't tell), and I love taking care of them. I will be going back to school to become a vet tech pretty soon.

My husband is an "internet director" at a Jeep Dealership in town. He works three 12-hour shifts a week, and two 8-hour shifts (sarcastically called "half days"). He loves herpetology (the study of reptiles and amphibians, or "herps"). He is currently working on a study for Fish and Wildlife.

We live in a small, two-bedroom apartment in wet western Washington state. We are planning on moving in November to a rental home.

My husband and I got married on May 15th, 2011. We had a budget of 5k. In an area where the average wedding costs over 20k, this was a bit of a challenge. To save a bit of money, we got married in a local movie theater instead of a "traditional" wedding venue. But more on that later.

So there is a little information about me and my husband. It isn't the most exciting life ever, but it is our life, and I enjoy every crazy second of it. Thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment